This post is also available in: German
Objectives of SAB
SAB is the Swiss association of professional picture sellers.
The members represent the complete spectrum of topics and subjects: universal archives, special archives, stock picture agencies, press agencies and press archives, aerial photo agencies, calendar image agencies, royalty free agencies.
The main objectives of SAB are:
- The promotion of Swiss picture agencies
- The exchange of professional experience among its members
- Organizing professional seminars for its members and picture users
- Providing information and advice on professional and legal matters
- Editing and distributing a list of recommended prices and general terms and conditions
- Strengthening of copyright for photographers
- Watching and providing information, developments and changes in communication technology
- Maintaining contact with related associations
The SAB booklet of recommended prices and general terms and conditions has become a well-known and highly appreciated instrument for picture buyers and sellers alike. Until 2003/2004 there was a printed version. Since 2008 the price recommendations are available as a PDF-file from the website www.sab-photo.ch.
SAB is a founding member of Coordination of European Picture Agencies Press Stock Heritage CEPIC (www.cepic.org ), the European umbrella organisation of national picture agency associations. In addition to protecting copyright, CEPIC wants to harmonise copyright, contractual terms and conditions, spread ethical standards and enable members to exchange information.
Active membership of SAB is open to any person or corporate body principally engaged in running a picture agency or library in Switzerland or Liechtenstein. The required condition for the admission is a business activity of at least 2 years preceding the application. Information on membership can be obtained at the SAB office.